Forms of hosting services
A hosting solution is associated with stockpiling and/or sharing specific content on a hosting server run by a hosting provider. There are different sorts of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's have a peek at them. In that way, you can determine what you want, based on whether you desire to establish a site, email accounts, or to share files with pals and associates.
- File hosting: a service provided by certain firms, which lets you share large files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free file storage accounts frequently include ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a given spell of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely wrong interpretation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would distribute the workload between individual hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving various web space hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a type of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; specific distributors provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting type is suitable if you would like to share a big number of images with mates or partners since the service is typically free of charge. You will receive a random link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to managing your mail addresses. Some firms provide web site hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an email service. If you wish to have an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a web site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can set up email accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file brings about a particular amount of CPU load, so with several videos and a few hundred site viewers, you may have difficulty with your web hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will allow you to utilize as many videos as you wish without hassling about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to run a site. To some extent, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting groups since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and e-mail aliases, upload video clips, etc. At Free Hostia, for example, you can observe web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that allow you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in a single place. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting account may be better or worse compared with the common email/file/video/image hosting plans that are purposed for particular content exclusively.